A great meal to warm you from the inside out as well as sustained energy. Great to prepare fresh or (most likely) the night before, just add the toppings and feel free to mix them up.
- 1 ½ cups white quinoa
- 1 can coconut cream
- 4 dates
- 2 bananas
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- Cook your quinoa in 2 ½ cups of water, till light and fluffy
- In your blender, mix coconut cream, dates and banana until smooth and creamy. Pour into cooked quinoa and stir
- Heat up porridge on low adding your nutmeg, cinnamon and turmeric. Keep stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of pot.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream or yogurt and some seasonal fruit. Sweeten with honey if needed
Nic Laidlaw, Ecoriginals Ambassador