Sweet cravings are sorted thanks to father of triplets, Ecoriginals ambassador Nic Laidlaw shares his winning Orange Cake recipe.
Enjoy this delish cake as a mid-morning treat (or breakfast if we’re honest) after or during a sleepless night, or as a little pick-me-up to get you through the bed and bath time chaos. Don’t forget yogurt, cream or a drizzle of maple syrup.
1-2 whole oranges (the whole orange – skin and all)
3 organic eggs
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g (2 cups) almond meal
1. Boil whole oranges for 1 hour until soft – drain water and cool.
2. Preheat your oven to 160 C (fan forced).
3. Once oranges are cool, chop roughly and place into a food processor, blend until smooth.
4. Add eggs, honey and vanilla then process again until smooth.
5. Then add almond meal and baking powder and process again for the last time.
6. Line a 20cm baking tin with baking paper on the base and sides.
7. Pour mixture into the tin.
8. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until cooked through.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 1 hour before serving.
Receipe: Nic Laidlaw Image: Pinterest